Department of ancient History and Material Culture
The department was established in 1998 after adopting the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of RUz �On improving the activity of the Institute of the Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Uzbekistan�. The department was headed by one of the leading archeologists of the Republic Professor R.Kh.Suleymanov, and since 2003 it is headed by Academician of AS RUz Yury Fedorovich Buryakov.
The Department develops a number of subjects covering various aspects of ancient history (civilization and statehood, formation of ancient cities, problems of interference of ecology and ancient civilizations, etc.). For realization of projects a wide range of researchers from various fields of historical studies is involved. The research projects of the Department are carried out at a multidisciplinary level, at the junction of natural and human sciences.
Today the Department researchers maintain intensive contacts with foreign colleagues, scientific centers and universities. Cooperation is effected in the following trends 1) holding consultations of the investigator from abroad doing research into issues of Central Asia; 2) attending the international conferences, seminars by the Department scholars (Buryakov Yu.F., Filanovich M.I., Suleymanov R.Kh.); 3) publishing papers in foreign publications (Germany, France, Kazakhstan, Russia, Korea, Kyrghyzstan, Russia, etc.; 4) participation in international grant programs and projects (Filanovich M.I.) with researchers from the USA, France, Germany, etc.
Scheduled projects in the Department:
- 1998 - 2003 Early civilizations. Formation of early statehood in Uzbekistan.
- 1998 - 2003 History of material culture in antiquity and in the Middle Ages. Monuments of architecture of Uzbekistan;
- 2003 - 2007 Mutual influence of ecology and ancient civilizations of Central Asia
- 2007 - 2011 History of material and spiritual culture (Antiquity and the Middle Ages)
Main publications of the Department
- Suleymanov R.Kh. Ancient Nakhshab. - Tashkent, 2000.
- Mukminova R.G., Filanovich �.I. Tashkent on the crossroads of history. - Tashkent, 2001.
- Nemtseva N.B.Khanaka of Sayfeddin Bakharzi in Bukhara (on the history of an architectural complex). - Bukhara, 2003.
- Suleymanov R.Kh. Nakhshab - secrets of the forgotten civilization. - Tashkent, 2004.
- Suleymanov R.Kh. Nakhshab - unutilgan tamaddun sirlari. - Toshkent, 2004.
- Monuments of ancient Karshi / Album. - Tashkent, 2006.
- Karshi 27000 (in five languages) - Tashkent, 2007.
- Buryakov Yu.F., Gritsina A.A. Maverannahr on the Great Silk Road. - Samarkand - Bishkek, 2006. - 208 pages.
- Alimova D.A., Filanovich �.I. Tashkent being the pearl of Islamic culture. (Album). - Tashkent, 2007.
- History of Tashkent (since the ancient times up to up to our own day). - Tashkent, 2007. In Russian and Uzbek languages - 177 pages. (joint authorship of Alimova D.A and Filanovich M.I.)